In person Training is back or join us online!
Foundations in teaching Kids Yoga September 2023 -
**First Module of our full hour 100 hour Teacher Training**
What will you learn:
The course content will include:
- getting in touch with your own inner child and experiencing the real joy and magic of
yoga through their eyes
- the difference between teaching adults and children
- an overview of the primary asanas and how to teach them to children
- the different kinds of yoga class lesson plans
- mindfulness for kids
- the add on's: games , songs for kids, mudra for kids, breath work for kids
- effective communication with children and running a successful class
- teaching yoga philosophy to children
- ethics when teaching children -
- where to find inspiration and your own unique teaching voice
- lots of practice teaching
A workbook will be provided and you will given the opportunity to draw up lesson plans
and teach children's classes during training so that you already have some practice in
place by the end of the course.
20 hours of YACEP Credits for teachers who are registered with Yoga Alliance International
Mindfulness is a new buzzword in the Yoga and Wellness community and for good reason. The tools we learn in Mindfulness assist with being present, better focus and concentration and better emotional resilience. There has never been a time when these practices are more needed and especially so amongst our Youth. With this is mind we developed this Foundational Training course in Mindfulness and how to bring it across in age appropriate formats and lessons.
What will you learn –
The course content will include:
We will explore the following topics:
- What is mindfulness and why is it so important
- Why is your own mindfulness practice so important
- Easy ways to set up your own practice so that you are sharing from an authentic space-
-How does our brain work
- Mindful breathing tools
- the development of a mindfulness foundation for kids
- how to bring across mindfulness concepts for different ages
- how to create content and lesson plans Create fun and engaging lesson plans for
- teaching mindfulness as a stand alone lesson/programmes
With practice teaching and drawing up of lesson plans you will feel confident to teach on leaving the course.
We are very excited to be running these two trainings online. Should you feel the call to join us - please be in touch
Once you have completed our Foundation training levels there is an opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills as a Kids Yoga and Mindfulness teacher by taking our full 95 Hour Training.
Module 3: - October 2023
We delve into the History of Yoga, why we practice and why your own practice is so useful, this is particularly helpful for those who are not already yoga teachers and equally useful for those who are as we engage in this knowledge and see how we can apply it to teaching kids.
What else you will learn:
- Ages and stages, kids developmental stages and how that influences how and what we teach
-Basic Anatomy and safe movement training workshop
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology as it applies to kids yoga
- Classroom management
- The Chakra's
- Yoga for teens
- Yoga for special needs
- Meditation and relaxation
Module 4: October 2023
In this module we explore the business of kids yoga, how to deal with parents and teachers at schools. We also start working on your own kids yoga identity, what makes you special, what is your niche etc.
You will spend time being mentored, observing other teachers teaching classes and also getting feedback on your own teaching.
We believe this part of the training is essential as you get to step into the kids yoga teachers role while feeling fully supported and assisted on your journey.
I am interested, do I need previous yoga experience?
Absolutely anybody is welcome to join our training, we make provision to meet everyone where they are on their yoga journey, and we spend time refining your own personal practice - after all we can only teach what we practice ourself and also on covering the foundational aspects of both yoga and mindfulness.
I am interested, do you offer payment plan options?
Yes! Please contact us in this regard. We also offer a small amount of partial scholarships for those who would love to learn and are financially unable to meet the full fees.
I would love to join! What now
Yay! Please contact us for information on how to sign up.